Is it Fibro or CFS?

12 replies
  1. Rita Campbell
    Rita Campbell says:

    Dear Dr. Murphy, I have all the symptoms that you just shared. My sleep goes from not sleeping enough to days of sleeping around the clock. I have problems with chronic bronchitis and sinusitis constantly. My pain level is off the chart. I have depression and very low energy. I am typing this lying on my bed, resting to get my bath. I will have to rest again after my bath. My life is being disrupted and I am at my lowest ever. I am a 67 year old female, very overweight. I lost my husband of 50 years last year. I am drowning in my pain and low energy.
    Rita Campbell
    Warrior, Alabama

    Reply
  2. Sharon
    Sharon says:

    Is there truly any treatment for fibromalagia and cfs or is it truly untreatable….its a horrible way to live
    Thank you

    Reply
  3. Allan Wakeman
    Allan Wakeman says:

    Hi i live in Australia and would like to know how long dose a start up pack last. If it is 4 weeks is it the startup pack that you take from that time on as I am looking to see what the cost will be .I am 68 and on a pension.

    Reply
  4. Claudia
    Claudia says:

    I appreciate these astute clinical observations, but, after suffering 27 years, I have my own theory: These are really one and the same condition. The type of doctor seen usually dictates the term assigned. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia by Mayo Clinic. It’s true that sleep was impossible at first. That was because the pain was unbearable and constantly bled through the sleep state. Ten years into the condition, I discovered I had gluten-intolerance (gene tested). Within 3 days of being off gluten (& dairy), every single pain vanished! I went out dancing for the first time in 10 years. The fatigue and brain fog remained, however, varying from a 3-7 out of 10 over the years (if 10 is prior to Fibro … The first few years I was at a 1, unable to walk 5 feet.). I still occasionally have swollen neck glands, but, unless I accidentally ingest wheat, barley or rye, I am completely pain-free. My personal view is that Fibro is, in brief, debilitating CFS with the addition of some type of food intolerance that triggers incessant, widespread agony.

    Reply
    • Estelle
      Estelle says:

      I fully agree, gluten and in my case casein (“milk protein”) indeed contributes at least 70% if not more, of the pain and inflammation with constant stress the other 30%. I have also been diagnosed with both Fibro and CFS but other than having a brain that does not switch off easily at night (which it does eventually) I have no problem with sleeping at all. I tend to survive when I have to, feeling it in my body when I go to sleep and wake up every morning, but as soon as it is weekend, I sleep non stop and can sleep day and night. Also have NFLD, Adrenal Gland and Mitochondria issues. Convinced it is all due to excessive stress, gluten and Casein and I believe it contributes to both CFS and Fibro.

      Reply
  5. Estelle
    Estelle says:

    With this comparison, how does exchausted adrenal glands and malfunctioning mitochondria fit into this range if at all?

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.